Heartbeat Silver Plan
Heartbeat Gold Plan
Salient Features of the Policy
- Uniquely combines Individual + Family floater cover in a single policy
- There is no entry age limit to buy this policy. Anyone at any age can buy it. Many health insurance plans have some kind of age limit for buying.
- It covers maternity benefits for 2 deliveries after 3 annual premiums. Newborn babies are covered until the next renewal. Vaccinations for the first year for the baby are also covered in the plan.
- It covers up to 13 relationships in a family, which is quite comprehensive.
- You have free annual health checkups in the Gold Plan.
- It covers medical expenses from 30 days prior to hospitalization and post hospitalization expenses for 60 days.
- All kinds of day care expenses, doctor consulting fees and emergency ambulance charges (max. limit – Rs. 2,000) are covered.
- Expenses incurred by the donor for Organ donation are covered.
- You can avail of tax benefits of upto Rs. 15,000 under Section 80D and upto Rs. 20,000 if you are a senior citizen.
- Non-allopathic treatments, dental procedures, cosmetic surgery, eyesight operations, obesity related procedures, HIV/Aids, self inflicted injuries, sleep related problems and treatment received outside India are some of the conditions that are not covered.
- There is a waiting period of 4 years for pre-existing diseases
- There is a waiting period of 2 years for specified diseases for persons above age of 60
- The first 90 days after taking the policy are not covered unless it is an emergency.
- If the insured person is above 65 years old, Max Bupa will bear 80% of the expenses and the balance has to be paid by the insured.
Here is a comparison of Max Bupa Heartbeat Family Plan with some other family floater plans*
As part of your financial planning, if you are looking for a health insurance plan for the entire family including old people and close relatives, then, Max Bupa Heartbeat plan can be a good option for you.