E-Passbook is basically an online version of your PF status book. It can be used -
- To track the recorded transactions date-wise.
- To check the PF status.
- To check your EPF balance online anytime.
Features of e-passbook -
- Available to active members only,
- It cannot be availed for negative balance, inoperative or settled EPF accounts.
- E-passbooks are not availed for exempted establishment.
- Availing an online passbook require its members to register themselves by providing all the required details.
Procedure to register online (Revised) -
You will first need to register on the EPFO website to avail the e-passbook facility, by following the steps given below -
Step 1 : Get UAN and Member ID from your employer. You need to have the mobile number you used to register with EPFO.
Step 2 : Check whether UAN is activated or not
- Go to the homepage of EPFO
- Under the option, 'Our Service, click on 'Know your UAN status'
- Input the Member Id details and click on 'Check Status'
- If you get a message that your UAN is activated, you can proceed to step 4 else follow step 3.
- Go to EPFO UAN e- sewa website - http://uanmembers.epfoservices.in/index.php
- Click on the option - 'Activate your UAN based registration'.
- Add the following details -
- UAN - Universal Account Number
- The mobile Number registered with EPF
- Your Member ID
Other important points:
- You do not need a user id and password to login to your account. You simply need your mobile number, document name and document number. Different document types can be used to create multiple ids. You can use only one mobile number for one registration. This can be changed subsequently.
- You can view details of only one EPF account under one establishment. You must first transfer one EPF to another if you want to view details of all your EPF accounts under the same establishment. However, you can view a total of 10 EPF accounts under different establishments. Inoperative and already settled EPF accounts are not available for viewing.
- The E-Passbook facility is available to employees whose electronic challan cum return has been uploaded, for the month of May 2012 on wards. Date-wise transactions can be checked from the year for which annual accounts were updated for the establishment for the first time.
- Any employee who has left his job before March 2012 cannot view the details online. A request can be placed on the website and the E-Passbook will be uploaded in a few days in such cases.
The E-Passbook facility can help employees to manage their EPF accounts from anywhere in the country. However, the success of this initiative depends on the EPFO’s ability in managing the website and in handling member requests.
Team Getting You Rich