1. Patience – People who are on their way to become rich and successful are patient. They know when to wait for the right opportunity and the right moment to grab it. They do not get lured by get rich money schemes but know that hard work and smart decisions will get them there. For example, a person who researches the market, understands it and then buys stocks and is patient enough to not follow the herd while buying or selling shares will be better off financially in the long run than the person who buys and sells based on tips and trades in panic mode in bull and bear phases of the market.
2. Risk taking – One needs to take calculated risks to build wealth. For example, successful investors buy various asset classes like equity, real estate and shares rather than invest all their money in fixed deposits.. Taking the calculated risk is better than putting all your money in the savings account which may be very safe but will yield very less returns. This may also lead to losing money due to inflation in the long run.
3. Hardworking – People who become rich are hard working. They did not get there by just being lucky. Many tend to think that the rich are lucky. They have been working hard continuously and keep learning to increase their wealth. For example, Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz works for 13 hours in office and then works from home as well. They work smart as well as they hold on to opportunities where they believe the money is. They know when to leverage and when to cut their losses.
5. Money – A logical topic – For many people, money is an emotional topic. Some of them consider it as the root of all evil. Others think it cannot bring happiness. Many look at rich people with mistrust. But those who get rich generally have a positive attitude towards money. There is nothing wrong with earning a lot of money. You are in charge of how to use it. It gives you a comfortable life and you can spend time and money on societal issues that are close to your heart. You need to have a logical mindset towards money.
6. Challenge themselves - They love challenges and push themselves out of their comfort zone. Successful people normally challenge what is normal. They desire to make things better. They are ready to move out of their comfort zone and try something new which they believe in. Jeff Bezos believed the consumer was ready to buy books online. He faced a lot of challenges from brick and mortar shops and publishing houses. But he worked smart and revamped the entire publishing industry and today you and I can buy cheaper books online.
Do you think you possess some of the above mentioned traits? If yes, there is nothing stopping you from getting rich. If not, develop your personality by emulating the popular rich and successful persons and you will reach the heights of richness of mind, body and wealth.
The author can be reached at email@example.com