- Super Senior citizens need not e-file their taxes. They can file in physical mode.
- For a super senior citizen, income up to Rs. 5,00,000 is exempt from tax.
- They need not link Aadhaar to PAN for filing taxes.
- Deduction under Section 80DDB is up to Rs. 80,000 if suffering from critical illness.
- Amount received in reverse mortgage loan is not considered as income and therefore not taxable.
- Super senior citizens can fill Form 15 H for non-deduction of TDS on Interest on Fixed Deposit.
- The Pradhan Mantri Vaya Vandana Yojana is a pension scheme for people above 60 years. It gives a fixed return of 8% p.a. payable monthly.
- They get 0.5% higher interest rate on fixed deposits than the standard rate.
- They are eligible for discounts on economy fare for domestic travel by air . In Air India, hey get a discount of 50% on the basic fare. Jet Airways gives 8% on the base fare as discount. SpiceJet is offering discount of 8% on the base fare till September 2017. But there are conditions which have to be adhered to in all these cases.
- In rail travel, men above 60 get a 40% discount and women above 58 get 50% discount on tickets.
- They are offered lower berth seats while booking tickets
- Discounts available in different cities in public bus transport systems.
- There are separate Queues for the elderly in different places like hospitals and banks.
- They get preference in court case hearings and passport office in the queue.
- They get concessions in BSNL and MTNL telephone connection services.
Do take advantage of these facilities if you are a super senior citizen or you have super senior citizens at home for convenience and ease of financial burden.