- Invest $1 million in either a new or existing U.S. business or commercial enterprise that will create at least 10 full-time U.S. jobs (that are not for the investor or investor's immediate family) within two years, or
- Invest $500,000 in a new or existing U.S. business or commercial enterprise that is in either a rural area or an area with a high unemployment rate, or
- Invest in a U.S. government designated Regional Center, or
- Invest in an existing business, and expand the net worth of the business or the number of employees by 40%.
- You also need to prove that the investment will benefit the U.S. economy and after 5 years, you can apply for U.S citizenship.
This green card expires in 2 years. Once you get the green card, you can work in another company too. Your spouse and unmarried children below 21 years also get green cards.
The immigration authorities can revoke your visa if you commit crime, engage in fraudulent activities or do not report change of address.
The EB-5 visa program has been gaining popularity in India in the last few years. Figures say there has been an increase close to 150% in the applications for EB-5 Visas from India over the last few years.
You can qualify for citizenship or special visa in a country of your dreams if you invest the requisite amount in that country and fulfil certain other conditions.
Australia – A foreign investor who can invest 5 million AUD in state and territory bonds, Australian companies or managed funds for at least a period of 4 years gets concessions on visa requirements like no upper age limit, ability to work or study and not having to give innovation test.
Canada – Canada is considered one of the best places to live in the world in terms of safety, health care, social environment and education. Different regions in Canada have different immigrant investor programs. Quebec for example offers permanent residency to investors willing to invest CAN$800,000 for 5 years. After 5 years, the original amount will be returned to the investor. There are some other criteria that need to be fulfilled like -
- Applicant should be 18 years or older.
- Required French and English language competency standards should be met.
- Health criteria should be met.
- Net assets of at least CAN$1,600,000 should be shown by applicant and spouse/life partner.
- The applicant must have management experience of at least 2 years in the previous 5 years. The organization must have at least 2 other full-time employees working under the applicant
- Other selection criteria defined by Canada and Quebec or the region one is investing in should be satisfied.