Age from 25- 50.
Time period for making maximum but cautious investments to reap rewards in future. This period should be utilized to take maximum advantage of relevant financial instruments according to set financial goals and plans that explain when and where to invest. Below are key areas to guide for setting financial goals right.
- Money is required for education. It could be studies abroad, studying again for a new job or for gaining a degree, kids’ education etc. Education has become a big business and is costlier today. So this needs to be set right and prioritized.
- Insurance is important. A life saving risk management tool for your family. And it’s just not life insurance. Today a normal consumer buys more than one insurance plan. Like auto, medical, health etc. Make sure you are able to pay premium on time.
- Investment in other financial instruments should be done from time to time. Look for stocks, bonds, debt instruments, bank deposits etc. to ensure better returns after a certain period of time. You get when you invest. So prioritize this!!!
- Not still living a loan free life? If your father or you yourself have any liabilities like loans etc. to pay off, make sure it gets done as soon as possible on priority basis.
- Marriage asks for maximum spending. Calculate roughly as to what shall be the expenses after 5-10 years down the line and how much you shall be willing to spend for the marriage. Set an amount for this from your income.
- Thinking of a house, gold or land as investment. Good option. Prioritize accordingly. Some money should always be kept aside to make any future profitable deals that enhance your portfolio.
- Of course leisure is important too. Decide as to how many vacations you can take in a month or year. Calculate the expenses and see that it should not come heavy on your pocket.
Age from 50 and above.
Till the age of 50, you make investments, now comes the time to reap the benefits. But be cautious. Goals have been set but responsibility is still not over. You need to refuel the accounts as many times as possible.
- Try not to change the pattern of investment already set until it becomes the need of the hour or till you get a good profitable offer after calculated risks ensuring you returns. That said, it is important that gradually you move over to a more conservative approach of investment since safety is very important now.
- Based on your corpus size, you may like to be invested partially in Real assets like Gold and Property. Remember, there is no standard solution here.
- Keep invested in Debt & Stocks under guidance of professionals.
Hard earned money should never be wasted. Instead it should be doubled or multiplied.
By above mentioned ways you can ensure a secured life for yourself and family. Just a little planning and promise yourself a hassle free happy life.
Team Getting You Rich